One Million Miles. Every year we challenge the greater Fresno area to ride a collective million miles during bike month. Why? Because riding a million miles with a bunch of strangers is COOL!!! Imagine being part of a community that decided biking occasionally to work, the store or around the block was going to be better for themselves and their neighbors. Picture it? THAT is what a million miles of bike riding in May feels like. And THAT feels pretty good. So let’s DO IT!!!
To keep you motivated AND to on track, we’ve created the Million Mile Challenge Dashboard. You’ll be able to pledge your miles for the month, log the types of miles you’re riding and see the progress you and your fellow I Bike Fresno riders are making towards your pledged bike riding goals. So here is how it ALL works:
- Register or login at ibikefresno.org. (links are in the top righthand corner of this page)
- Pledge your miles. Set a goal for yourself. Whatever your pledge, riding towards your goal will help us reach our goal of a million miles.
- Either create or join a team with your friends. Don’t worry, if you don’t have a team yet you can do this later.
- Ride your bike every chance you get in the month of May.
- Every time you ride, login to ibikefresno.org and log your miles in the Million Mile Challenge Dashboard
- See how you rank amongst the other I Bike Fresno riders on the website. Challenge your friends and family to meet their goals too!
- Watch the mile counter climb on the front page as we pedal together to one million miles this May.
How bad do we want you to ride your bike everyday in the month of May? Well, we’re not above bribery. We’re bringing back 31 Days of Prizes this year. Ride your bike and log your miles at ibikefresno.org. Everyday you log a mile, you’ll be entered into that day’s drawing. The next day, we’ll select a name at random from that pool of riders for a chance to win some awesome prizes. Prizes like wine tours, official NFL merchandise, cool bike stuff and even an expedition down the Kings River!!!
In addition to watching your miles logged getting closer to your miles pledged on the Million Mile Challenge Dashboard, we’re awarding badges for different riding accomplishments. It’s a great way to challenge yourself to ride and share it with your friends.
We’re also letting you form five person teams with your friends. These teams of five are NOT related to the Bike To Work Day Corporate Challenge. Click HERE to see what that is all about. Your I Bike Fresno teams can be five friends you train with, five people you meet up for coffee with or maybe five family members who want to ride their bikes all month. You’ll be able to see the mile counts of your teammates AND challenge other teams in head-to-head competition for bragging rights. Sounds like fun, right?
TEAMS CAN ONLY BE CREATED OR JOINED UP UNTIL MAY 24. THIS WILL ALLOW FOR TEAMS TO SETTLE IN FOR A FINAL WEEK OF COMPETITION. SO BE SURE YOUR TEAMS ARE SET BY THEN.
That’s it. That’s the I Bike Fresno Million Mile Challenge. It’s all about getting you on your bike and remembering that Biking = Joy.
You’ve read enough. Now register or login using the links in the top right hand corner of the website.
This is our poster for Bike Month. Help us get the word out and download a PDF version to print and post it at your office,
retail location or just randomly around town.
(right-click the above buttons and select 'Save Link As' to download it directly)