We want you to get on your bike and ride, and we want you do to it safely. Therefore, we thought it would be a good idea to provide links to resources where you can learn more about bicycle safety and education for leisure riding, racing and commuting.
- Bike Safe California is a great resource for bike safety information. Classes and other resources can be found on the website.
- The California Bicycle Coalition is a great resource for education and safety tools, most of them available as a quickly downloadable pdf. Click here for six “get started” tips for commuting on your bike and scroll down for additional resources.
- A good resource for teachers and students can be found at The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website where a downloadable pdf for bicycle safety both for instructors and students can be accessed.
- Additionally, California Department of Motor Vehicles offers a comprehensive list of safety tips for bicyclists.
- Other related vehicle code and safety information pertaining to bicycles can also be found at www.dmv.ca.gov/about/bicycle.htm.
- For those who like visual references, Bicycle Safe demonstrates the top 10 safety hazards for bicyclists and how best to avoid them in a graphic that makes it easy to understand and practically apply.
- Finally, the Bicycle Helmet Safety Institute has a tremendous amount of resources, specifically related to bicycle helmets. For anything you ever wanted to know about helmet safety, visit:
- Read about classes offered by the Fresno County Bicycle Coalition at www.fresnobike.org/education
- Find more League Cycling Instructor-led classes at www.bikeleague.org/programs/education/course_schedule.php