We want you to get on your bike and ride, and we want you do to it safely. Therefore, we thought it would be a good idea to provide links to resources where you can learn more about bicycle safety and education for leisure riding, racing and commuting.
- Bike Safe California is a great resource for bike safety information with classes and other resources.
- California Bicycle Coalition is a great resource for education and safety tools, with most of them available as a downloadable pdf.
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration is useful for both teachers and students. Check out the downloadable bike safety pdf.
- The California DMV offers a comprehensive list of safety tips for bicyclists, as well as vehicle code and safety information pertaining to bicycles.
- Bicycle Safe has a nice infographic with the top 10 safety hazards for bicyclists and how best to avoid them.
- Bicycle Helmet Safety Institute has a bunch of resources related to bike helmets.
So read up, and ride safe for goodness' sake!