There are many resources for education, advocacy and statistics available on the internet, but we thought it would be convenient if we made those links readily available for you to access. So, here they are:
- Bikes Belong™ Coalition is a wealth of knowledge for those who are looking to promote bicycling and need the support of some facts and findings. Find statistics on participation, economic, health, facilities, environmental, and safety topics at www.bikesbelong.org/statistics
- Bikes Belong also has a 20-page booklet that highlights bicycling’s benefits to the economy, communities, health, families, and quality of life. Recently updated, the new version includes information on today's hot topics: bicycling for transportation, safe routes to school, complete streets, and bike-sharing programs.
- Through funding from Bikes Belong, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and Planet Bike, a 2010 Benchmarking Report was released January 28, 2010 by the Alliance for Biking & Walking. The report reviews the success of bicycle advocacy groups at securing funding and driving local projects.
- The California Bicycle Coalition has an extensive list of resources available, from lists of local coalitions to advocacy tools at www.calbike.org/resources.htm#advocacy
- The League of American Bicyclists also has a list of resources and links that address safety, education and commuting questions at www.bikeleague.org/links/resources.php